Here we go.

04 November 2012

yes

A Friday night in was precisely what I needed. Yoga, leftover birthday cake, a bath, house music, no speaking, muscles unfurled, face and jaw softened. 

This mix by Michael Mayer really delivers :

My birthday was brilliant. It was the best one I've had in years.  

My boss + co-workers treated me to sweets (+ tacos for lunch). By the way, if you ever find yourself faced with eating a too big cupcake, remove the wrapper, tear off the bottom bit and put it on top of the icing.  Give it a little smoosh and voila! Cupcake sandwich. People will think you are so damn clever:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


My sharp mum-in-law gifted me a really good smelly gift, some LUSH bathbombs:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Cute detail with the party horn and streamer:
366A851F-609D-465D-B6CE-C390E37B3CAD-16515-00000BDADCD84569, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

ATM organized a get together @ Oyster Bar.  He got me a pro cake from Silvek's, too.  Vanilla cake + vanilla buttercream icing?  Well done, ATM!

Oysters are back in season.  And there is none wrong with an okra poor boy:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Caek!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Blair made this handmade beauty for me: 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

My gals KMHD + Britt joined forces to get me this generous gift:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

After supper, a sum of us went to Miss Kitty's on 7th for drinks and rowdiness. I'm pretty sure that this is my new watering hole.  A major drawback is that they do not serve wine.  We had complete run of the mill, though.  Got to play pinball, which made me very happy. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark let me match, which never happens:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Photo by Brittany

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Bummer:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

KMHD (fore) + ATM (back):
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


I think I need to detox for the next couple of weeks since Thxgiving & the holidays are around the corner.  Too many sweets, yums, and alcohol!


2 comments:

nicole said...

BEST birthday celebration from start to finish! Miss Kitty's... I'ma check it out. Kinda reminds me of my favorite watering hole - Joubert's! :)

AMD & KMHD said...

I'm just gonna say it. Gay bars are the best bars. Karaoke on Wednesday!

Blog Archive